Let’s be realistic, as a woman I love shopping, quite a lot it seems as my mom told me to keep it low… 🙂 I have lots of clothes, bags, shoes I want to buy but there’s something called tight budget that always reminds me of my quite empty wallet so the only way to enjoy to the fullest my shopping is through sales!
SALES…. HOW I LOVE THIS WORD!
Because of my small size in clothes I began to wonder on some shopping sites to look for what I needed… koreans sites, asos, zalando, privalia… and I must say that shopping online it’s much cheaper, convenient and easy compared to the one I usually have done till now.
It’s a bit of a challenge to get the right size sometimes but there’s always a guide size on this kind of sites.
Recently I bought from Asos a dress, a pair of cutie shoes and transparent glitter sandals for next summer that were on huge sale (payed them 7 euro, 5 dollars). I had some money on my PayPal card and a night before Christmas I ordered them on a whim. I was really pleased with the sandals, so cheap but stylish! I wanted them since forever so when I found them original at such cheap price and not some replica I was so delighted that I couldn’t resist!
For beginners or the ones who can’t decide if they should try out online shopping I will write some basic rules that will make it easier to purchase and to decide what to buy:
1. Try different shopping websites! This is the first rule for sure… There are sites where you can buy a lot ’cause of the huge sales that goes till 70 % (asos, mango…). So invest some of your time in searching through the net the best price of the dress you like, (you can use the image research through google) If you want some specific article you may find it in different prices or even colors, just search and you will find it!
2. Don’t order the wrong size just because you like a pair of shoes or a specific dress and the right size is ended. This is the most basic rule and even so the mistake we tend to repeat continuously. For a dress if it is too tight then you can’t wear it. If it’s too loose you have to rearrange it to fit your body. In case of shoes, I prefer, if I’m really obsessed about a pair of cuties and my size is ended, to order a plus number instead of a smaller size. This will be good if you wear socks, if you tend to have swollen feet at the end of the day or your feet hurt a lot when put in tight shoes.
3. Think about the future. What would you like to wear for next season/ next year. Sales are not useful only to buy clothes of the current season. With sales you can buy sandals, swimsuit, hot pants and other stuff that will be used in spring/summer and that were of the past year. Keep in mind that it’s not important if it’s something of the past year, if it suits your tastes then buy it!
4. Invest in basic/plain clothes. They will be always useful. Colors like blush, beige, grey, black, blue and white are a must in every wardrobe because they suit every other color! Basic t-shirts, pullover, even trousers of this colors will be a help in your daily routine when you are in a hurry and don’t have the time to match clothes. Basics are the fundamentals as the name suggest!
5. Buy something colorful! A fire red piece, turquoise, yellow cadmium, orange, shocking pink… BE BOLD! I love to wear bright colors, and the trick to appear elegant even if you are wearing something so eye catching is always to pair it up with basic colors to keep the look together and more sophisticated… here we are again, basic… a turquoise piece like a structured jacket, is a good choice for office or events if you pair it up with white in summer and black in winter. Red playsuit? Black and gold accessories with black shoes and a a lot of self-confidence!
FASHION IS NOT A CAGE BUT SOMETHING THAT CAN HELP YOU BE CREATIVE. EXPLORE NEW LOOKS AND TRY NEW WAYS TO MATCH CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF IT IS TO HAVE FUN!